Skip to main content

Day 18

Today at our morning meeting we went over one of the past interns's presentations. After, we discussed about some of the pros and cons of that particular presentation. I continued working with various spectra particularly a mix with blue vitriol. I kept on forming representations and compiling the data together. I spent time going through many academic journals as well. I read about various cultural heritage and MRI journals. Later, I focused on analyzing some data and algorithmic calculations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Day

Today, was the final day of my internship. This was a great opportunity and I had my final presentation today.The presentations started once family members, faculty and staff, and other professors arrived and I was fourth to present. I gave my presentation and afterwards was relived that it was over. Also, congressman Joe Morelle made an appearance, which was exciting. We all got to meet with him and talk to him about the internship. Afterwards he gave a small speech and we took some pictures. Later we were all presented with our certificates of achievement. The internship was a unique and rewarding experience that will help me in the future. 

Day 12

Today one of my fellow interns described her lab group in the morning meeting. She discussed some of the code she was working on and explained different aspects of the code she was writing. Later, I started developing a method to test the effect “noise” was having on the MOUSE. The “noise” is what occurs as part of the spectra but could affect the pairwise algorithm, so we wanted to see how large an impact it was having on the algorithm. After going through some of the spectra of one of the mixtures and creating varying amounts of noise, we realized that the affect was not as large as we thought. Then I took spectra of some of the mixtures again to run in the algorithm as some of the mixture had anomalies. One of the mixtures so far of the reruns was successful as it only returned percentages of the pigments in that specific mixture, which indicates that the algorithm is working effectively.

Day 17

Today at our morning meeting we went over the last outline of a fellow intern. We discussed a little about the presentations and some suggestions. I continued working with the data and forming representations and compiled the data together. Also, I went to a masters thesis defense in the college of engineering, which was cool. The defense was about shadow detection and different algorithms of improving shadow detection in various systems. The defense also mentioned a lot about convolutional neural networks and other coding methods. Later, I worked on gathering spectra for some samples and tried to improve the MOUSE functions, so the spectra would generate more accurately.