Today at our morning meeting we saw a presentation given by one of Joe’s undergraduate seniors for his senior project. His presentation involved analysis of how phones take pictures in various environmental conditions and are able to analyze text. It was interesting as I had never learned about his before. Also I attended another seminar given by a professor involved in image analysis of documents with cultural significance. Using various imaging and lighting techniques he was able to decipher text that may not seem visible at first on valuable documents. A document that I thought was cool was Archimedes Palimpsest. Later I continued to work on the pigment mixture data sets.
Today, was the final day of my internship. This was a great opportunity and I had my final presentation today.The presentations started once family members, faculty and staff, and other professors arrived and I was fourth to present. I gave my presentation and afterwards was relived that it was over. Also, congressman Joe Morelle made an appearance, which was exciting. We all got to meet with him and talk to him about the internship. Afterwards he gave a small speech and we took some pictures. Later we were all presented with our certificates of achievement. The internship was a unique and rewarding experience that will help me in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment